Saturday, December 23, 2006

I AM SO ANNOYED

I placed an order with Target and instead of having it sent to Boston and then lugging it across the country, I had it sent home. I placed it using my amazon account info which uses an old email address I don't use much any more. I assumed everything was fine since the check out went fine and I received part of the order this week (because freakishly they couldn't send one portion -- a cardigan to Alaska). I told my family not to open any packages if they came for me and when I finally made it home last night I saw a giant amazon package by the front door and assumed it was mine. (I think we all know where this is going) It wasn't. I went online just now to try and find out when I could expect the package. It wasn't listed in my recent account history. I went to my old email address to see if they'd sent me an out of stock notice or anything.

They apparently sent me an email saying they would place the order when they received payment. This doesn't make sense to me at all. I paid for the cardigan at the exact same time I paid for the rest of the items and I had plenty of money in my account to cover it.

I am sooooooooooo frustrated. Now I don't have anything for my mother and when I went online just now the item I ordered no longer shows up at all as something that I could buy. I have one lousey cardigan for my sister and nothing to show for my planning ahead and effort. I am angry at Target (who I usually love) for screwing up this order and I am angry at myself for not looking into it sooner. I am also angry that I went to bed around 4:30 or 5:00 Anchorage time (so 8:30 or 9:00 Boston time) after hardly sleeping at all on the flights and I woke up this morning at 7:15 (Anchorage time).

I am so cranky about the order etc. that there's no way I am going back to sleep any time soon and my sister (who picked me up) isn't getting up any time soon either. I would like to get dressed and just go out shopping (even though what I really wanted were the items I agonized over on the target website) but I am also a nervous driver and I can't even get the truck out of the tiny garage, let alone drive it in the snow flurry that's covering the sheer ice that they had when I arrived.

None of these factors are leading to a very merry Christmas. Least of all the knowledge that it's not about presents, it's about Jesus, so why am I so upset about any of it anyway?!!!!!

No comments: