Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tidbits

*I woke up this morning and the residual part of the dream was that I had done something good and I was awarded a gold star. It was one of those gold star stickers that comes on a sheet with the red, blue, green and silver stickers. I asked if I could have the silver instead because I liked silver better than gold. I thought about it as I was getting out of bed and I have always liked silver better than gold. I have also always had the goal of being slightly better than average. I am not asking to be the best, merely better than most. I thought it was funny that such a goal would have been implemented so very young. But it's true. The best example I can come up with isn't actually that young, but it was when we were looking at boarding schools and one of the interviewers asked what my PSAT score was and I said I didn't know. My dad said you don't know!? and I said, all I know is I got a better Score than Katie Young!! Which was not exactly the right answer, but it did stop my dad from questioning me again in the interview :).

*My boss announced that she was cranky to my co-worker. I don't know if that was to insinuate that she was cranky with me, or because she assumed that I would know she was cranky since she'd already been cranky with me. In either case, it didn't feel like much of a revelation, nor something particularly noteworthy considering the last year (though she has been pleasant for the past two weeks).

*The toliet downstairs is flushing continuously and vigorously. We have called the plumbers three times. It's not making them come faster, but it's really quite a startling situation down there, it seems best to keep them updated! -- and no, we can't turn off the water, it's a public restroom and there's not the normal valve and every nut we've tried turning has only resulted in more water spraying. I told the UPS guy when he came in and asked how I was. He said, well at least it's flushing and it's not coming out the other way. . . . So I suppose that leads me to the slightly above average start of this post, I could be having a worse day, but this one is bad enough and it's not even noon yet (though it's close :)).

1 comment:

hartofak said...

Yeah, I think all the plumbers are meeting in Belize this week.
That reminds me of the time I called a friend anal-retentive and he said, "That's better than anal expulsive."