Monday, January 22, 2007

Because I am Bored

I want to post something fascinating and funny and dreary-life altering (as in your life will be bright and shiny after reading it-- if only for a moment). I also want to post something interesting so my friend who is home sick will have something to break up the monotony.

All that being said, because I am bored, I am also not in my most fascinating and funny mindset and can't come up with something amusing to blog about. Sadly, I feel like I spend most of this blog saying that.

What I can tell you is that I found one of my favorite Dogisms online today: "The closer we get to a fugitive, the more we become like robots, on a mission from god." The beauty of this statement is that it is at once terrifying and incredibly funny. The idea of "Robots for Jesus" out with little pamphlets is amusing but the idea of a military state with robots serving a God somehow seems a mite dystopian.

This also reminded me of a conversation we had in my Thursday night group. People were talking about unanswered prayers. One person in particular was discussing the war how she didn't understand why it hadn't come to an end yet, despite fervent prayers. One person pointed out that if God were to supernaturally end the war it would be going against George W.'s free will. Someone else pointed out that the war was going against a lot of people's free will etc. The guy arguing for GW's will pointed out that the other people don't have the power to end it so their free will isn't really at stake or some similar thing (perhaps I am mistaken in his explanation, but I am pretty sure that's what he was saying). It has obviously taken me mulling over for quite some time, but I still don't get that. I mean if God can harden the heart of a Pharoh and soften the heart of a Persecutor of Christians and if he could make the sun stand still for Joshua, I don't see how it's interrupting free will or the natural order of things any more to stop a war.

I am sure that the war, including the continuation are part of God's greater plan. I also believe that Free will is an incredible gift/responsibility that we've been given. But I guess I am not sure that they necessarily preclude one or the other from happening, if that makes sense.

Well that's what you get for reading my blog when I have already warned you I am bored, utter nonsense that hardly makes sense and is only tangentally related. I welcome thoughts, opinions or knock knock jokes, because, as I have repeated a number of times already, I am bored.

2 comments:

hartofak said...

I don't understand; how can you be bored and blogging on a Monday morning at 11:46am?
I mean aren't you supposed to bored and working?

Anonymous said...

I pray for the end of blogging.

.....

.....

...I guess free will wins again.