Monday, January 29, 2007

I'm not yelling at you, I'm just yelling near you

On Sat. we came home from grocery shopping and I was putting stuff away in the fridge. I was combining puddings into one cardboard container. They weren't all the same type of pudding, but I am sick of opening the doors to the fridge and the freezer and having to duck because of things falling out at me. I was never good at video games and I certainly am no better when actual projectiles are heading towards me. My roommate came in and pointed out that they were different types of pudding. I said (or perhaps snapped) is that a problem? Just eat the two on that end! Then she announced that they had separated the shelves while I was gone. I was so frustrated at that point I told her she could finish the project. She left the room and I finished the job. Thinking to myself, this must be exactly how my mother felt when she was mixing cereals and combining boxes of crackers when I was a child.

1 comment:

hartofak said...

I understand that you were just yelling near your roommate, although reading your post, it sounds like you were sort of yelling at them, too, but I know how hard that kind of yelling can be.
Yesterday when I got home from work, before eating, I called Caremark and spent a lot of time on hold and then they told me that the problem was solved, but to be sure I should call back in the morning.
So Karen was mad at Caremark and started yelling, but see, Caremark wasn't there. I was. So it was sort of like she was yelling at me.
Not all that pleasant to a hungry man that just spent so much time on the phone.