Thursday, January 18, 2007

More By 4am. . . .

Ok, so maybe I couldn't cut it in the Marines, but I was awfully proud of myself this morning (and so I am sharing).

1. I made it to the gym again this morning
2. I went to the church and got everything ready for muffin making tonight.
3. I stopped on my way out of church and gave the man sitting there with "homeless by fire" signs a drakes coffee cake to go with the coffee I noticed he had on my way in. I thought he might find it slightly offensive sort of like oh look, the "good" Christian girl does her one deed for the day and gives me a damn cake. But he was very nice and if he thought those things he at least kept them to himself. One of these days I need to get up the nerve and chat with him -- somehow it's so much easier when we're in a group on Thursday nights. . . .
4. I stopped by the bank and deposited a much needed check.
5. I got into work and put away the vacuum that the janitor left riding in the elevator (it did make me imagine the vacuum joy riding in there while everyone was gone, then I started imagining it as a sort of fraidy cat vacuum who got seasick every time the elevator went up and down and that was even more fun :)).
6. I sent out an email telling everyone not to panic, we're having pizza muffins out on the commmon tonight AND everything is set out (or better yet, in the tupperware container safe from the insane number of mice that reside in the rodent ritz our church simply calls the "coffee closet).
7. I made labels with verses on them for packaging with the muffins. Something that hasn't been done in months.
8. I had breakfast.

Sadly, I apparently only did 8 things before 9:00, not a nice round 10 or even a nine things to do before nine, but it still felt good to get all that finished before work.

2 comments:

Girl said...

At somepoint in the year '07, you did 08 things before 09...

I think you can be excited about that :)

hartofak said...

girl is clearly a person who thinks about these things. She should be making plans now for the 6th of May. Maybe around 2:34am.