Friday, August 21, 2009

There's One Really. . .

So I know a long time ago I wrote on this blog about a loft I wanted my boy to buy, and then I wrote later on about a house I wanted to pay to move, I just didn't have any vacant land, well this time I am even more serious than those other times and my boy (and everyone else thinks I am even more ridiculous). Last weekend while we were waiting for the two hours in the mechanic's shop in the 90 degree weather (subtly different than the two hours we'd spent prior to that waiting for the car to be finished while at the wildlife park), I saw an ad and I fell in love again. Here's the link, you can go look at it: http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/683520.html I'll wait.

Ever since we went to the White Mountains this summer, I've been longing for a compound for family and friends to come visit. Like a bed and breakfast only more laid back. I really, really want it and I think that we'd be good hosts for something like that, we're very hospitable, we like cooking, my boy likes building crap and growing veggies.

This place fulfills both that longing and the one I've had lately to be closer to family (ok, so it's much closer to my boy's family and probably not significantly closer to my family, but driving wise it is, we're 7 hours closer to Alaska -- maybe).

Also, this farm has been in the same family since the 1700. I think that's amazing, the road this mill is on? It was named after the mill. I want to be a part of the history of this mill. I want to preserve it. I want to make sure that it is kept as one piece, not parceled off for other commercial ventures.

See, don't you want to help the cause too? Don't you want to have a place to get away from the hustle and bustle of life? That's this place. Let's get it!! Need more reasons? Let me know, I can do a follow up post, I just wanted to get this out in the 15 min I had between our exciting NJ/NY weekend adventure :).

3 comments:

Emily C. said...

I, for one, think it's an excellent idea. I'm in. Not that I have much to contribute (especially, not money-wise), but I am ready to support you in whatever way you think is appropriate.

Elastagirl said...

I'm in! Lets do it!

Whole Wheat Prophet said...

Ok, it's a deal. Can I reserve the mill for my flour-grinding cult compound?