Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Have a HORRIBLE Confession to Make (and many of you already know)

I am a horrible, horrible thank you note writer. I love getting thank you notes from other people. I know that it's proper etiquette, and I usually have good intentions.

Case in point, I planned on having beautiful thank you notes made for all of your incredibly generous support for my participation in The Walk for Hunger. Due to all of you I raised over $1500 for the walk for hunger. I contacted a friend of mine and we had a plan worked out. Then I found cute polka dot cards with my initial on them, so I decided to go with those. I wrote a number of the Thank you cards and they were sealed and ready to be sent out. This was about two months ago. People, I can't find them.

Even worse? I found a thank you card for a birthday present under the couch when I was in the process of writing my thank you cards for The Walk for Hunger. It had been stepped on and shoved under the couch and so I thought it better at that point (you know three months after my birthday but still reasonably close to the walk) to include a belated thank you and explanation in my thank you card to R&C for their support and their lovely gift of red buckets. Sigh. That one was lost too.

Don't even get me started on how my boy and I got a package of cards from Project Bread that would be perfect for writing thank you notes on. I can't figure out where I filed them.

Does it surprise you that I can't find a mouse that's actively hiding from me?

What a failure!

But for those of you who supported me (and the many hungry in MA). I do want you to know that I really appreciated it. Your love and support does far more than you can imagine! The food we're able to provide weekly to people who are on fixed incomes or who are homeless or working at the poverty line does more than just feed a physical need. It also shows a concern for people who are usually marginalized. In each of the programs my boy and I are involved in, we're proud of the work that goes into what we serve, whether it be creative muffin recipes, high quality ingredients, or thoughtful menus. We think that the people eating the food feel the hospitality and the love that goes into the meal (maybe that's why we wanted Carla to win the last Top Chef so badly -- we're right there with her on understanding the love that goes into food prep).

Thank you for making it all possible!

Love,

SRH

P.S. R&C thank you for the pretty red buckets. They are a useful addition to our home!

1 comment:

Elastagirl said...

I am horrible at thank yous as well and Logan is 6 months old now and I haven't finished his thank you's yet either :( I keep doing everything but finish thank yous.....maybe we should write thank yous together next weekend! ha!