Monday, June 25, 2007

I hear a symphony. . .

As a treat I won an auction for a pair of table tickets to the Boston Pops for my boy. The beauty of these tickets is that its dinner and a show. Since they were for the spring season and we just got them last week, we had to use them quick. We went last night for an edge concert (or something like that). This meant that there was a selection of dance songs from WestSide Story and then music from two new composers. The entire second half of the concert was The Cowboy Junkies accompanied by the Symphony which was a little odd.

They didn't have our tickets set aside at will call like they were supposed to so my boy spent most of the evening trying to figure out where we would have sat if they had, had our tickets (we ended up having to share a table though there was a completely empty row behind us we realized later) and what other name they could have been under. I was disappointed by how far back the seats were and that they only sold wine by the bottle. I couldn't go through an entire bottle by myself, I do have some standards :).

The music was nice and the evening pleasant, especially the walk home but I think we won't be going back soon (not the least because the season is almost over :)).

No comments: