Tuesday, June 26, 2007

How Would You Know?

So I was tagged (that's the first time that's happened!). I am supposed to come up with 8 Random facts and then pass the tag on, placing the rules on my blog and then passing it on to 8 people. I think it's slightly amusing since it assumes that most of my blogs have a theme or a point and aren't just random accumulations of thoughts. It also assumes that I have 8 friends who blog. I think it may be giving me too much credit. . . .

Here are the rules:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Here are my facts:

The thought that is first and foremost in my mind today is that I have an estimate of $980.50 worth of work for my car which is only worth, at best, $1500. My dad has said he'd help me out and pay for it (which makes me feel slightly guilty). My boy's father could fix it for less, but he's in PA, My roomie keeps insisting we could get the parts for less, and that we could put on the tires at the very least. I keep thinking, why is this car such a heartache every time I think about it and is every car like this? I keep thinking if we don't get the car fixed we'll be paying about $200 to rent a car to go to Philly next week, does that make spending the $980 better? Argh. . . .Then I think about how I don't have any money and how horrible I must be with money since I make a decent wage and then I think why am I not more dependent on God, why can't I be like the lily of the fields?

The only thing I lettered in in high school (beyond the honor society letter in a circle) was for volunteering. Everyone else in the world letters in some sport, but me, I letter in volunteering.

While I think I usually speak coherently, and write decently, I have no concept whatsoever of how grammar/punctuation really work.

Though I am terrified of heights/falling, I have always wanted to be a trapeze artist (and have seriously considered going to the Boston trapeze school in magical Jordan's furniture).

I love road trips and themes (and themed road trips) but I don't always plan them (though I also love planning). Sometimes I look back over what I've served at a "normal" party and realize there was a random theme running through, like cheese or mushrooms and pumpkins. . . . I also have sometimes gotten lost and had the best addition to a road trip as a result.

I have a box and a half of chocolate marshmallow rabbits under my desk from Easter. I am hoarding them and I slapped one out of my boy's hand at one point when he took one. They are one point a piece on weight watchers and I am terrible at following weight watchers, but on the off chance I do better, they're waiting there as my special "good" dessert (I have recently found out that the 100 calorie hostess cupcakes are also only 1 pt per little package I may start hoarding those next).

My favorite season is fall. I think it's because I never got to experience it much growing up in AK (perhaps that's why I've stayed in the fall capital of the country -- New England). My second favorite season is spring and I used to love experiencing it at the end of the year at college and then going home and catching it again. I also hate change, so I find it amusing that my two favorite seasons are the transition seasons.

My favorite number is 11 and not just because my birthday falls on the 11th of a month, but because it's so symmetrical and pretty. I love the time 11:11.

That's 8. I am not formally tagging anyone, if anyone who reads this is interested in sharing though, I'd love to read :).

4 comments:

Christina said...

Didn't I already do this in the comments on Mzflounder's blog? Or Suzib's? Hm. . .

1) We just had chocolate-covered ice cream-filled goodies at Trani in the North End--oh, the yumminess of what Robert calls the "chocolate car wash," at a place whose name makes Howard giggle.

2) My parents sent us a two-foot diameter hand-painted galvanized metal hand-cut octopus hanging as our 9th anniversary present. I love it. I'm weird.

3) I have a side business transmuting primal earth in World of Warcraft and selling them in the auction house. I have to go transmute now.

4) I really hate vulgar TV shows. What is it with disgusting vulgar humor? It's NOT FUNNY.

5) Just two days of school left--not that it was a terribly onerous class, but I'm ready for it to be done.

6) I'm making sun-riped strawberry jam using 3 of the 13 pounds of strawberries we picked over the weekend. They sit in a simple syrup in the sun for 3 days and get better and better.

7) Like Robert, I spent most of our niece's visit thinking "Don't say what a bad mother she has, don't say what a bad mother she has" over and over, like a mantra.

8) I am scared to let me hair get long (i.e., beyond the sort of hovering around my shoulders length it's been for awhile) because, growing up, I remember my mother being REALLY critical of women (mostly other kids' moms at school) who had long hair and were over 30. "What do they think they are, young girls?" she'd say. Here I am, over 30--does that mean I can't have long hair anymore?

Elastagirl said...

I think you should be a writer.
I never told you this, but I think of you every time I happen to see the clock at 11:11! I recently told that to Nathaniel at 11:11 p.m. and he thought I was totally nutso.

SRH said...

you can tell nathaniel I still know what your phone number in junior high is 753 6192 (I don't know my boy's number, but I can call you back in 1991).

Anonymous said...

kevin durant shoes
steph curry shoes
stephen curry shoes
off white nike
golden goose
off white nike
golden goose
goyard outlet
fear of god hoodie
kd shoes