Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Tired and Cranky

So my father used to say what's new/different when I would say I am cranky, and I think my boy is starting to feel the same way. He still hangs around though, so I suppose that's encouraging.

I have decided to share my crankiness with all of you lovely readers though:

1. My roommate is treated like crap at her job by her manager and is given no support or training. Bridget Jones couldn't have had things spiral more out of control than my roommate's day at work has. I am so angry and frustrated and so tired and powerless. I was talking to a friend and I said I think this must be what it feels like to be a mother. I just want to go down there, help my roommate pack up all her stuff and yell at all of them, with such a rage that if they even looked at me funny I would start throwing punches. --Uh, yeah, mild mannered librarian and all that crap :).

2. It is freakin' cold outside. It was a lovely 54 degrees on Saturday and now it's -16 with the wind chill factor. That's all well and good in AK where I come from, but we have cars and automatic start, in Boston they expect you to walk everywhere and wait for trains and things. This brings me back to my same old question, why the hell did the colonists stay here?! There was malaria, insane heat/humidity in the summer, much less land prior to all the work they did filling it in and freezing cold!!!! I know they landed in Provincetown originally took one look around and got back on the boat (there's a monument there commemorating the event) because even not knowing if they'd ever find land again and having to live on those cramped quarters they'd already been in for months was a better prospect then there. What I don't know, is why they didn't just stay on the boat till they hit Puerto Rico or some place actually nice!

3. My computer has been having issues loading websites the first go around. It will say it can't load and if you hit re-load then it comes up fine. It's not a big deal, but it's annoying and just adds to my list of things that make me cranky.

4. I am so overwhelmed with requests because we have been short staffed for two weeks at my library. I am frustrated I am not working faster/more efficiently and I am also frustrated that my boss has insisted that the retirement plan guy is coming this week, even though I clearly stated I was overwhelmed with requests and could we please do it next week?

5. I am on a list-serv and I want the emails to go directly into a folder in outlook and not pop up in my inbox and I thought I had played with the rules so that would happen but it hasn't and the list-serv is annoying me and I hate that it's sending me so many emails when I already have enough requests and it only adds to my tension!!

Okay, that's my list of five annoying things going on today. It's too bad I didn't blog yesterday, I had lovely things to say about my weekend which included a women's night out and a women's brunch and a tiring, but pleasant day at the soup kitchen and a night of wandering around Harvard Square with my boy as places progressively closed, and then a semi repeat of that on Sunday night when we ended up at Bean Town Pub where they randomly played "our song" which isn't necessarily the song I would pick as "our song" but somehow you don't really get to pick do you? The song picks you. . . . and honestly it only goes to prove what many have suspected, deep down I am the cheeziest of the cheezy. . . .

Oh, and in other exciting news, for those weight watcher fanatics in my life, two caramel de lites (or as we all know and love them, samoas) are only three points!! I am going to end on that high note. I hope all of you have good weeks -- mine should improve, there are birthday festivities afoot!!

No comments: