Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Friday

So I was getting ready to blog about my incredible birthday party, but now I don't have to -- see procrastination works!!! My friend Christina, who hosted, and cooked for my party also blogged about it for me: http://homepage.mac.com/crmichaud/0703sarah/0703sarah.html

When I blew out my gorgeous red candle on my very pretty cake my friend started screaming speech, speech and I was left speechless. So for those of you who read my blog and who were at my party, here's my speech now.

I am so grateful to have each and every one of you in my life. I feel so blessed through knowing each of you. From Meagan and Suzi who worked hard to try and get me exactly what my heart desired -- even though I thought it was such an unrealistic desire I never thought anyone would take me seriously-- to Christina who works tirelessly to pull off theme parties that are unbeatable. I appreciate the humor that you bring into my life (Tim with your insanely funny comments and the ability to always impress with your costumes, and Karen C. dragging a blood pressure cuff around all night). I love the attention to detail you shower on me at my birthday with real trays (thank you Karen B.) and syringes supplied by Ben A. and costumes (yay, Debbie, Candace, Chris, Robert, Ren and more) not to mention the Ne-His and so much more.

I am overwhelmed when I look around a room and see so many people who love me. The first time I realized how loved I was by people in Boston I was moving out of my apartment in Allston. Three guys were carrying a desk (which was supposedly made out of pressed wood, but was clearly made out of lead) down three flights of winding stairs and lifting it over a banister and as I looked down, I was overwhelmed with a need to thank God for the people he put in my life. I was overwhelmed by that need again when I looked around the room on my birthday. Yes, there were people missing who I know love me, my family, friends who live too far away to come, but there were enough representatives in the room that night to make me truly grateful for the blessings God has given me. -- I know I go on and on about presents (and don't get me wrong I LOVE presents), but I do want you to know that even more than that, I love each of you who took time to show me how loved I am. Thank you!!

-- and yes, I know you each deserve personal thank you notes and that this doesn't count :). I am working on it.

Also, if I didn't name you specifically, please know that it was merely because my speech was getting too long and not because I don't love you too.

No comments: