Sunday, February 18, 2007

Today. . . .

I bought skates today. I spent more than I wanted to. After two hours of skating, there are actual bruises on my legs from the top of the skates. They don't hurt my feet though and there's a lot to be said for that! I managed to skate for almost two hours before my legs hurt enough that I wanted to stop. With normal rental skates I managed to last two goes around the rink before I was ready to hobble to the sidelines.

I have to wear the skates 12 more times to come out ahead on their purchase.

I think that's the biggest news from today, other than I had an all around terribly lovely day from the banana pancake start to a white hot chocolate finish.

2 comments:

hartofak said...

I love that, "white hot chocolate", very vivid.

Anonymous said...

Those bruises are your Figure Skating badge of honor! Congrats!!

I cut up my ankles breaking in my new skates, and the scars lasted for awhile, but I didn't even care because I figured it meant I was finally a real figure skater.