Thursday, February 22, 2007

That Couple

Last night after I told her a story about my boy, my roommate announced that I was becoming THAT couple. . . . The annoying kind that is cheezy and hangs on eachother and says long goodbyes and crap.

While she could make the point based on some past behavior (in the privacy of our apt -- not blatantly out on the street. . . .), I thought it was a totally unfair statement on the heels of the following story:

My boy and I were walking through the common last night just holding hands and talking (not doing anything more). Suddenly I feel my hand dropped and my boy has spun around and is talking "casually" with someone else. It happened so suddenly it took me a minute to realize what happened. A friend of My boy was walking the opposite direction and as soon as my boy spotted him he blatantly (in a way that called far more attention to it) dropped my hand and started chatting normally with the friend. As soon as the friend left my boy grabbed my hand again as if everything was normal. It was the most amusing thing ever -- which is why I shared it with my roomie. But definitely the antithesis of THAT couple. Unless, of course, she meant a junior high couple. . . . Because then yes, I think we may be that.

No comments: