Monday, January 11, 2010

Someone's Been Sleeping In My Bed

Or rather, barging in on my dreams. This weekend I woke up from a terrifying dream where a bear was rushing toward my house (we lived in Palmer in this dream). To make matters worse, our dog was on a lead outside and the bear was swerving to get him. The next morning, I told my boy about how I frantically opened the door and struggled to get our jack russell off his lead before the bear could come up and crash through our sliding glass door.

My boy said: "You should have known right then that it was a dream!" I was confused and said "Because we wouldn't have sliding glass doors in the wilderness? Or because the whole bear charging the house scenario was a little too The Great Outdoors (skip to 1:24)?" He said: "No, of course not, the fact that we had a little dog should have been a tip off!" I said, "well jack russells are kind of sporty, it's feasible we'd have one." My boy just shook his head and muttered something about small dogs and sporty and ridiculous. . .

2 comments:

hartofak said...

Ouch. Of course your mom did chase a bear away from her dog once when we were camping.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't "your boy" love your small car....kind of sporty and ridiculous for a family.....hmmmm.

Auntie