Thursday, January 21, 2010

Remember?

A long time ago, way back in July in fact, I posted about the ceiling in my room falling in. The landlord's son came and took a look and was talking about all sorts of crazy tests involving thermal monitors etc. that might have to be done to figure out where they leak was coming from and then they'd get the leak fixed and they'd re-plaster my ceiling.

Nothing happened on that front. Months passed, my boy's family came to visit and we put his parents in my room because even though the ceiling's falling in, it's still the nicest room in the house. October came and went. Then in November there were a series of really bad rainstorms and more plaster and more wetness. So we contacted the landlords again. They had someone come out to clean the gutters and to look at the windows, but they couldn't do anything about the roof because at this point there was snow and ice about.

As I have mentioned in the last couple of posts, I am sick. Tonight, I came home right after work because I figured I'd be no help cooking a meal and I shouldn't stand out on a street corner for a couple of hours. When I got to my bedroom, I noticed even more plaster had fallen down and the ceiling is wet again.

It is unclear to me if it is wet because the sun has been out lately and snow is melting off the roof and coming in wherever the leak is, or if, contrary to all previous inquiries, it has something to do with something going on on the third floor. It seems unlikely that there would be a kitchen or a bathroom above my bedroom on the floor above, since the plumbing seems to be piggy backed in one area of the house (the kitchen and the bathroom being situated near each other in our apartment), but I find it terribly hard to believe that there's not some evidence up on the third floor of this terrible leak that's occurring down here on my ceiling. . . .

Also, now my parents are coming to visit and the eyesore that was here when my boy's parents came to visit has almost doubled in size. And it's all well and good for my boy's parents to sleep in a room with a horrible ceiling for one night, but these are my parents and it's six nights! You (if you're not my boy) see my problem here, I'm sure :).

No comments: