Friday, November 2, 2007

Quick Poll

This poll is totally not for any real purpose, it does not affect my life at all (seriously, this isn't some veiled thing, where I am telling you in a round about way that I am about to elope or anything). I have a friend (a real living breathing friend with a name and everything even if I don't tell you what it is) who is deciding whether to have her wedding in Hawaii or in Puerto Rico. I know there are some strong feelings out there so I am wondering what people think would be better (either way you're not invited to the wedding and it really won't affect their choice since they're not really into popularity contests). I am just intrigued as to what you see as the benefits/draw backs to each place. Please post a comment with your choice (and the reasons for it).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beats me--I mean, where's all the family coming from? California or NY? Which is closer/cheaper/easier for the guests to get to? Which place does the couple/their family have an emotional connection to? If neither, then I think it's kind of random and would probably just get married where they're living or where the bride or groom grew up. Personally I love Hawaii for the mix of food and the culture, but yeah, it's far.

Anonymous said...

What a fascinating question :) Word on the street is, they picked Hawaii this weekend...

Girl said...

Well, I don't know the couple. I would have said that depending on the location of the other guests, you might want to go with the place that is closer for most people.

If you take that out of the equation...than I would go with Hawaii...I feel like there would be less of a likelyhood of wedding issues in a place that is well known for doing weddings.