Sunday, July 27, 2008

don't stop me if you've heard this before. . . .

We took a mini road trip yesterday. It was the usual route to New Hampshire and we passed several signs that always make me laugh.

We passed the Stone Zoo sign and yet again a picture of a zoo dedicated to pet rocks popped into my head. I pictured all the unwanted pet rocks being saved and put in appropriate habitats there. I know that's not true, but come on, you know it's a more exciting picture than just another zoo.


We also passed the shriner auditorium and (this is probably soo wrong) I chuckled to myself thinking if you were going to ever scream fire as a joke in any theater, this is probably not the right one!

A bonus to this road trip was when we passed a "passive park" yes, that's exactly how it described itself on a sign. It said something like this is a passive park, no dogs or ball playing allowed. The sign went on quite a bit more but since we were driving by I didn't have time to read it all. The idea of a park with so many rules calling itself passive made me think it was more like a passive aggressive park. . . .

1 comment:

Elastagirl said...

too funny! I like the pic!