Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'll have one of everything

We went to Rock Bottom last night for dinner. I have never been incredibly impressed by them. They're as good as any chain restaurant really. . . Last night was incredibly fun though. My group ordered their beer sampler. It came with one of every beer they make plus the bartender's choice.

When we discussed where to go last night and rock bottom had been suggested I fought for it because I'd seen their beer sampler earlier and had wanted to try it. When we got to the restaurant though, I didn't see any beer samplers and I didn't see it on the menu. So I TOTALLY chickened out on ordering it. I got mild flak from my group about it and when the waiter came back to check on us someone else ordered the sampler for the table. It was soo fun!

It was almost like being a kid and having a new box of crayons delivered to a table with a paper table cloth. The beers were such pretty colors and each one came in an over sized shot glass. We each took a sip and then divvied up the left overs according to each's favorite. Leaving the stout to sit in the corner by himself (there's a good joke in there somewhere about being stout and relegated to corners but I can't figure it out right now). I got the IPA which had a bitter aftertaste that reminded three of us of grapefruit juice and one of us just thought the others were nuts.

How much did a beer sampler cost? you ask. $6.97! I thought it was such a steal. I was convinced we should always get the sampler. It was brilliant. Everyone else seemed to think that it was probably better to pay $5.00 and get an entire glass of what they liked. Clearly they know nothing about diversification!

1 comment:

hartofak said...

Wow, you are just blogging.
It's great.