Friday, January 11, 2008

A funny thing happened. . .

So, long time no hear I know. I got back on Sunday night and except for a few highlights it's been a fairly rotten week. I have been tired and insanely cranky and every little thing that happens gets blown way out of proportion.

I had two funny things to share as of a moment ago though so I thought I would post. Sadly, as I post now, I can only think of one. . .

I opened an envelope today that I found in my pile of mail. It had no return address and no note, just this magnet:

It was incredibly cute and amusing and a definite pick me up for the week. Sadly, I don't know who to thank (someone sent it from zip code 021 but the rest of that was even cut off and that leaves A LOT of places).

I am currently watching the Miss America make over show on TLC and there was an amusing part where one of the women was talking about how she doesn't understand why people think women in beauty pageants are stupid, "I mean they're all competing for scholarships." Sadly she made a grammatical error in the process (which could happen to anyone speaking spur of the moment) but it sort of undermined her statement and was rather amusing. I'll try and find it at some point and post it. Also, Miss Alaska is not really doing our state proud in this episode, luckily, Miss Pennsylvania was more embarrassing the last time when she couldn't even find her flag!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to get me one of those. Also a shirt that says "NO" in big letters.