Monday, January 14, 2008

Short Lived

It's snowing now and the cities of Boston and of Somerville have been put in snow emergencies. So no more grilling to look forward to for awhile. I am eating the last of the grilled scallops at lunch today on a salad in defiance of the weather which is seeming to dictate soup or other warm comfort foods.

Tonight, however, we will probably try something warm and comfort food related (sadly I forgot to defrost anything before I left for work). Perhaps we'll just use the little bit of my steak that was left over from Sat, and some of the five lb bag of baby carrots and the many mushrooms we bought at Costco and make a slightly boring stir fry (then I can also use my lovely rice maker).

It's depressing when you're already thinking about dinner and being home in pjs at 10:30am. . . .

No comments: