Monday, January 21, 2008

How I spet my MLK Day vacation

Basically, I slept. I LOVED it. My boy got bored that I kept falling asleep any time we stopped moving. After I woke up from one particularly satisfying nap he said "I think you should see a doctor about this, it's unnatural to sleep this much." You can imagine how pleasant it was today that he was at work and I could take a two hour nap in the middle of the day with no comments :).

Other highlights include spending yesterday afternoon aimlessly wandering around the MFA and ending in the MFA store where fun things were on sale (I bought a shadow story book to take with us when we go to West Virginia with my boy's family this fall).

Tonight I roasted beets and made beet greens (sort of like southern style greens, but not quite as good). I was pleased with both enough that I think I'll do it again. We also had some lemon chicken, rice and balsamic mushrooms which needed more balsamic. It was a good dinner though. We finished with some EXCELLENT Banana nut chocolate chip bread which I have been hoarding. Sigh, just talking about it makes me want more. I love banana bread, especially this particular type.

P.S. thank you again to everyone who donated to the "Sarah needs a rice maker fund." I LOVE my rice maker!!

1 comment:

Ben said...

haha... this post made me laugh. There is absolutely nothing wrong with naps. In other countries, ppl specifically take time out of their day to nap. It makes you more productive!