Monday, July 27, 2009

Cause I know you're waiting with baited breath

The landlords are in Greece still, they'll be back next month. I had a great plan though, I was going to do laundry tonight because I usually run into the landlord's son when I do laundry early in the week. The only catch was our house is far to messy for him to come in still (yes, I am lazy okay?!). So, since we knew I'd see him in the laundry room and bring him up the back way, we worked on cleaning off the table and putting the dry good groceries we had still sitting there away. We figured we could just clean the kitchen and then when I "happened" to run into the landlord's son and bring him up the back way to our apt through the kitchen and into my bedroom he might not notice how messy the house was.

My boy did dishes and I swept up the most recent plaster remnants. I was in the process of making my bed when the doorbell rang. My boy answered the front door and who should be there but the landlord's son. I am sure there's a sermon in this somewhere, unfortunately, I am not a pastor, so all I get out of it is the irony that we spent so much time cleaning the back of the house, I didn't have time to clean up my suitcase or the knick knacks we brought back from Alaska which were strewn around the living room, nor the tarp waiting to be cleaned sitting in the front hallway, all of which the landlord's son had to step over on the way into the bedroom.

No comments: