Monday, July 27, 2009

Accessories Whore

So it turned out my car just wanted an update on three of her belts. Apparently thin belts aren't in this year and so she just had to have all three replaced!!

She's back up and running again and my boy has promised her if she's good she can have a tuneup and her ac replenished in August (and possibly her shocks replaced).

A friend of mine asked me if we kept track of how much money we pour into this car. I said "no, of course not." Clearly she doesn't understand that we're no longer into the car for economic/convenience reasons (if we ever were). While I have fallen out of love with her, my boy is now firmly in the grips of a doomed love affair with a car that will only disappoint. There's a whole group of them involved in a similar love affair though, and so together they write each other tips and tricks and they each manage to keep their cars on the road one more year.

In fairness to our car, though I complain about it rather frequently, she has performed above average according to the newsletters, her odometer gear did not give out at 60,000 miles like most and so far her thermometer has held out, and who knows when the last time her shocks were replaced (I've owned her for 8 or 9 years and I've never done it). So while she is expensive to fix, under my boys loving care, she's held out a little longer -- and if he gets his way, will continue to do so (though I am eyeing Subarus with back seats so we can actually take passengers/cargo). . .

No comments: