Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What did I do to deserve this?

My boy is over and I promised to make dinner, while it's baking he started playing some football video game he's played repeatedly. Being a semi-supportive girlfriend I have sat through several games while he "plays" football even though I detest video games and I am not terribly fond of football.

Tonight, I went into my room in theory to pack for the retreat this weekend, but getting bored with that and with the prospect of folding and putting away all the clothes I should I turned on MASH and started reading my email.

My boy came in and said "What?! You're not going to watch me play football?" I said "You're not really playing football. It's a video game. Maybe if you were actually playing football with your brothers or your nephews I might actually watch, but I've put in my time watching you play a video game."

He rustled around in some videos that he had brought over awhile ago (I thought that they were all Iron Chef Japan) and put in a video. I said do you see that I am already watching something, he said you said you want to watch me play a real game of football. He started the tape and left.

I am currently watching blurry high school football dubbed with terrible 80s music. I have no idea which one he is or which team I'm "cheering" for.

There's no point to this post. I thought it was semi-amusing, but coming to the end of it, I am not sure it actually was. I have to go now. I am going to flag a play.