Wednesday, February 13, 2008

One Year!

So my boy and I have been together one year. We didn't take a picture of our one year anniversary, so I am including a picture from this summer when Suzib my boy and I went on a mini-adventure (I've got the cool puppet on, my boy is in the middle and suzib's got a mini-hard hat -- she got a better one for her birthday).



For our anniversary, my boy and I (we left SuziB at home) went to Clink the restaurant that's in the liberty hotel (formerly a jail). The lobby is really amazing. There's a pretty mosaic between the escalators, but don't be distracted. LOOK UP!!! It's GORGEOUS. They have the original wood work and beautiful chandeliers. They have pretty (and I believe original) windows. It's just lovely. That's where the real joy in the place ended.

Below are my favorite moments from the night (the comments my boy made :)):

"Usually you don't name the salad after the garnish" (referring to the blood orange salad after I'd asked if he'd eaten all the blood orange leaving me two tiny pieces -- turns out he hadn't, he had two tiny pieces as well).

"This is on the sharing menu, can you imagine if there were ten of us and we were at the end of the table when this came around?" (talking about the silver dollar sized piece of monk fish and duck confit garnished with green lentils that we had to split -- and I don't have to try hard to imagine that situation, he and I went to a party at dali where we were in just such a position, luckily the tapas to share at dali are slightly larger -- though not much).

"It's not every night you go out to dinner and the salad and the soup are the larges part of the meal!" (in summation of our dinner).

I think if you go, stick with the bar, it's in the lobby and a better atmosphere and probably the same food if you want it. . . .

I have more comments, but I'll save you all my ranting :). Know that my boy was a perfect gentleman and did everything in his power to make it an incredible evening.

2 comments:

limoncelloSTYLE said...

yay!!! happy anniversary!

i was thinking...do you think the 'rations' were so small to go with the whole jail theme? ;)

--mzb

Anonymous said...

they have a cheese menu. did you try any?