Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Moderately Well Bred

I was told recently that I must be moderately well bred since I manage to send out thank you notes just incredibly late. It's totally true, though it did make me slightly sad since I feel like I have excuses (illness out of town etc.). Looking back, however, an incredibly busy schedule seems like a fairly flimsy excuse if people who are also busy were able to take time out of their busy schedules to do something thank you note worthy. . . .

Other lapses on my part include missing a significant number of phone calls from one of my best friends resulting in a message along the lines of, "I am not actually going to call you names on your voice mail, but do be aware that I am in need of a lot of attention and at this point I have more of a relationship with your voice mail than I have with you."

I have also not done laundry in several weeks and my room has reached national disaster levels (I am sure some homes in NOLA looked better than mine currently does).

As you may have noticed -- if you actually have tried to read my blog at all-- I have also not been very good about updating (I actually had two complaints about it, it's nice to know people read the blog, but sad when you realize that the two people complaining already know everything I have done in the last two weeks since they live with me or were there doing it).

So this week's resolution is to catch up on some missing posts (going all the way back to the beginning of April). I may actually manage to do it since this week is April vacation week in Boston and things sometimes get slow here as a result. Don't hold your breath though, my car is still sitting idle in my driveway after a resolution back in September was neglected and my stuff is still strewn all over the house breaking another resolution. . . . .

1 comment:

Elastagirl said...

Your post makes me laugh! I am shamefully overdue in my thank yous...maybe I should just post a general apology on MY blog to the public at large...I still have not written thank yous from before Andrew was born for gifts received for him....unfortunately it looks like people will be getting thank yous for his newborn presents when he is about 2. My mom literally cringes in pain when she hears this. And its not like I am not grateful, I just have horrible time management and spend hours emailing and blogging rather than hand-writing my gratitude like I should.