Thursday, April 26, 2007

Baby Steps

So I reached my first donation goal (the little goal they recommend for you) within the first day. I reached the only slightly higher goal withing the next day. I have been learning about praying big lately. About asking God for big promises and praying persistently.

That's kind of what my small goals and the comment on my last post made me think about. So I have upped the ante one last time. If I make $500 in donations, I am a "Heart and Sole" walker. I feel good that these are the few walkers who made almost half of what was made last year during the walk. I feel like Phoebe a little though when I see the benefits to being a heart and sole (or as I like to think of it a Hart and sole) walker. . . .

I am also now terribly nervous about this walk. My boy keeps saying that I can quit at any time, that no, we didn't need to train for it, that it will be fine. I have had three other people warn me how hard and grueling this is and one person say that it sounds hard but maybe I can recite Psalms to get me through (While I think that some of them may be entirely appropriate, she obviously does not know that it took me until college practically to learn the Lord's Prayer).

Anyway, now I am scared. Every time I have mentioned my fears/the warnings to my boy though via im, he responds the same way: ":)" oddly enough, there's not much comfort there in the smiley face.

So prayers for energy, strength etc. will be welcome, as will any further donations you would like to submit (though I assume my loyal readers have already submitted them if they could afford to/cared).

Oh, and I think I updated my url for the walk: http://www.projectbread.org/goto/get_bitter -- isn't that fun :).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh No!! I didn't mean to scare you. The walk itself was pretty fun; it was just the toll it took on my body afterwards that was grueling. :) All I can tell you is s-t-r-e-t-c-h!!! Stretch before, stretch during, stretch after. Maybe stretch once every mile you walk, or so. I cannot stress this stretching thing enough.

hartofak said...

We spent how much to send you to a Christian School K-8? And it took you till when to learn the Lord's Prayer? My dad knew the Lord's Prayer, although, sadly not the Lord.

Girl said...

:)





Just kidding.

I could lie and say something really not genuine like...'Oh, I'm sure you'll do fine!!' in a sing-songy voice...but instead I am going to say that it will most likely be fine, and you will most likely be a bit sore afterwards, but don't blow it out of proportion, in five years, you will have forgotten all about it. :)