Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bonus Points

So a lot of blogs I read have regular features, be it "Awesome Shit I Want Monday" or "Happy Mail: 13 ounces or Less" (I soo will write more about each of these bloggers in an upcoming blog post cause I've loved some of their features -- I'm just dragging this blogging thing out for all it's worth).I've decided that for this spurt of blogging (which, lets be honest will last probably 2 weeks max) I'd add a feature called "Bonus Points."

My husband makes fun of me when I tell him certain things (getting me a glass of water in the middle of the night, doing the dishes, etc.) would earn him bonus points. He usually wants to know what he can cash these "bonus points" in for. We're not Chucky Cheese after all. I have mentioned that the bonus points make up for all those times when I subtract bonus points from him in my head (not re-filling the Brita pitcher, leaving droplets of jelly on the floor, etc.)

Anyway, the "Bonus Points" feature will involve things that can be made and/or done that would earn bonus points with me. Don't say I didn't warn you with that intro, bonus points are actually not trade-able for anything :).

Here are some current bonus point worthy items:

Make me these:

Cheesy Mega Tots (um seriously, Thursday Night Smackdown's description and pictures has had my mouth watering since she posted them I. NEED.).

Malteser Cake

Do This:

Volunteer to set up chairs and tables at the Chelsea Soup Kitchen my boy and I work with. If you can't volunteer personally, ask everyone you know if they would be willing to commit to an hour or two a month to help with set-up and don't stop until you have at least one person committed (it's a great volunteer activity for people with young children, they're already up by 8:30am and they're attention span usually lasts long enough to drag some chairs and spread some tablecloths!)

Bonus Point Earners this week:

Other Pieces of Me, she read my blog post on Kohlrabi and then presented me with one when I went over to her house!

My boy, he bought frames and mat board and then framed and matted pictures all in one evening when I was desperate to have them by the next morning!

2 comments:

Miriam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coasting Anon said...

Sweet! I feel honored to accept this award and plan to use the scholarship to advance my career in hair design.