Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Mother Knows Best

So apparently my mother isn't trying to over medicate or to cause me extra pain in my life, no matter how much it seems that way. The last two springs I have been sick as a dog with symptoms that match up completely with the flu (and then this year I had a side of dehydration to add to the fun). It is the worst feeling ever. I still feel slightly ill thinking about it. So I sucked it up and took my woosy self to the flu clinic at cvs today.


The woman asked if I was feeling ok. I didn't mention my neck which has been sore for five days (I am such an overachiever I managed to have the sore muscles even before the flu shot) but I did mention that I am scared of needles (or as my mother puts it, a baby). She said it wouldn't hurt and I said they always say that and the last time I got one it had to go twice. I don't think I was instilling confidence. . . . She gave me the shot though and I didn't cry (though I did tell her it hurt when she asked, but not that badly). I stuck around for 10 minutes promising to tell her if I felt light headed (which I had since the moment I walked in). I haven't died yet though and it's totally worth the pin prick of a shot if I don't get the flu.


2 comments:

hartofak said...

"and it's totally worth the pin prick of a shot if I don't get the flu"
Oh, I don't want to be your mom if you do get the flu.
Luckily, I won't be.

Elastagirl said...

I'm totally the same way about getting shots, especially ones that could have side effects! I myself have not yet gotten my flu shot for the year, though I did haul Andrew to the pediatrician to get his!