Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I've Nicknamed Tuesday "Only"

My dad and I were talking last night and he mentioned that there are peaks and valleys in life and I said yeah, tell me about it. I got through telling him a roller coaster story about how my Monday and Tuesday had gone and I was saying I can't believe it's ONLY Tuesday, if the rest of the week is like this I'm not going to make it.

We continued talking and I discussed how lately my peaks and valleys have pretty much just been a series of valleys similar to the long downward plunge of a roller coaster, but broken up with some bumps (go with me here on this metaphor, the bumps being the bright spots stopping me from just plunging straight down -- can you tell I don't' ride roller coasters?!).

My dad mentioned some craziness going on at work and then he said wait, today is Tuesday! It's only Tuesday. . . (yes, we're that dim of a family we had already talked about it and had forgotten). He said, that's it, I'm nicknaming Tuesday "Only."

I've been trying to end my blog posts with silver linings, you know, so only my boy and my co-worker suffers along with me in my extreme mopiness (oh, right and all of you I im. . . and my dad. . .um, right, who am I fooling?!). But I wanted you to know, this isn't just some silver lining I've pasted on to the end of this blog post. While I will miss a number of people this Saturday who were invited but cannot make it, we're going to the Big E. It's gonna be good people. If deep fried cheese curds can't get me out of my funk for a least a day, nothing can. I have eaten vegetable soup all week in preparation for the deep fried goodness that awaits us on Saturday. There will be deep fried cheese curds, lobster rolls from the Maine state house, deep fried cheese curds, kettle corn, deep fried cheese curds, corn dogs, and cotton candy, with a cheese curd chaser. Life is good (at least life with a side of deep fried cheese curds).

3 comments:

hartofak said...

I'm sorry to hear some people couldn't make it. Maybe they needed more notice.
What does it mean that the lobsters are from the Maine state house?
Will there be cheese curds?

Emily C. said...

Mmm. There's nothing like fried cheese to chase the blues away. I'm thinking that I might go to the North Carolina state fair in a couple weeks. The commercial promises pig races and lots of deep fried stuff of course.

Bond Know said...

My life is the carousel. Or maybe the tilt-a-whirl. Although some days are like the midway.