Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sigh

Two people have told me that the link for craigslist no longer works. I assume that someone else got this great deal. I tried to convince my boy that we should get it, but he thought I was crazy.

Today we were supposed to do spring cleaning in our current abode. I finally got up at 8:30 am. My boy made breakfast and I went back to bed till 10. I got up again still tired (we need a coffee maker, or some diet coke!!) but determined to do something. We went through all the stacks of mail and random papers in our house. My boy finished the dishes and I folded two loads of laundry while my boy hung random pictures that have been sitting around the house for the last 8 months (you know, may as well hang them since clearly we're not moving!!). The sad thing is, our house is still a disaster. God forbid someone stop by and need to use the bathroom, we'll have to lie and say we don't have one we just dig a hole. . . Cause there's no way anyone else should be subjected to our bathroom. Also, every room in the house needs to be swept or vacuumed. And there's just. so. much. clutter. . . . . I could go on, but why, bother. It's enough to say, the house is still a disaster despite a concerted effort to the contrary.

The silver lining is that we took a lovely walk to the square to get bread for lunch and we picked up a nice cheese from the cheese shop for lunch and dinner. We just finished dinner. We cooked our farm fresh chicken using this recipe: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/11/dining/11appe.html I was a little disappointed the bread on the edges of the pan just burned and those under the chicken were soggy on top and impossible to chew on the bottom. I will say that I did exactly what the directions said not to and used a dark thin roasting pan (hey, some of us haven't gotten gifts off a registry and we have to make due with what we could afford on our grad school salary -- yes, I bought the pan 7 yrs ago geez I am old). As sides for the chicken we had balsamic mushrooms adapted from a weight watchers recipe, and a salad made with apples, sharp cheddar and toasted walnuts. I put lemon juice on it to keep the apples looking pretty and balsamic dressing on my portion.

We're going to clean up dinner and then I plan on falling asleep watching the incredibles. Time was I would be sad I was staying home on a saturday night thinking of bed at 7:35 but apparently I've matured :).

1 comment:

hartofak said...

Ha ha, I'm still up and it's almost 10pm.