Tuesday, October 2, 2012

All's Fair in Love and Popcorn

Source
Last weekend we went to the Big E. If you've been around this blog for any length of time you know how much we love the state fair here!

It felt a little crowded this year (apparently the peril of going on the middle weekend instead of the last weekend). While there were some disappointments and some scares (we did lose one of our party for awhile, luckily it was someone in their 30s and not one of the toddlers in our crew) overall it was another good year at the fair.

My favorite fair food is deep fried cheese curds. I walk the length of the fairgrounds as many times as I possibly can to get them --it's healthier for me that there's only one stand which sells them! I was lucky this year and got to score some cotton candy off the four year old we went with. That left only kettle corn on the list of must have fair foods. Every year our friend C buys the largest bags of kettle corn at one of the state houses. It's warm and lovely and no one can resist its charms (ok, my boy can, but he's really weird!!).

While nothing can beat the warm out of an actual kettle kettle corn at the fair. Joy the Baker has taught me how easy it is to make your own kettle corn. I'm sad because it looks like her original link is gone, but I think the one above should provide you with the recipe. It's a cheap treat (contrary to what you might think based on the prices at carnivals etc). So, if you're looking for a snack sure to impress, I recommend you make Joy the Baker's kettle corn! I sometimes like to add a little cayenne so there's a kick at the end!

No comments: