Monday, September 1, 2008

The Sweater Dress Phenomenon

So I am trying to decide whether to succumb to the sweater dress phenomenon. Really, in all honesty I've gotten too fat for my standby "dress I wear to weddings". Not too fat to wear it at all mind you, just too fat to wear it comfortably all day. Sad since it looks terribly lovely next to my boy's blue pin stripe suit, but let's move on because while I'm working on the being the fattest I've ever been in my life, it's slow going and as much as I want to be motivated to go back to the gym, so far I am not. Anyway, I think the two options I bought would work for our big work event in October as well (and since, as I said, the working on losing weight is slow going, I need to think ahead to things like that). I have pictures posted below. If you'd be so kind as to tell me whether I should stick with them, or keep looking it would be greatly appreciated. Also, please be gentle, I mean yes, looking at these pictures I think I should have a sign labeled wide load taped to my back, but really, I am already aware, there's no need to let me know, no matter how constructive you feel it might be. Oh, and yes, the living room (and my bedroom and my boy's bedroom and the kitchen, are all a mess and instead of cleaning I am doing a fashion show. . . ). Also, I cannot figure out how to post a survey so you can just click a button to give me your answer so you'll have to leave a comment.



6 comments:

Elastagirl said...

I really like the sweater dress!! And it looks comfortable as well as flattering so I'd say go with it!

thumbs said...

Black for weddings--much more fun to dance in something a little swishy. And, what the heck, sweaterdress for work events--it seems to have that librarianesque je ne sais quoi.

Ben said...

I like them both! I like how the black dress accentuates your waist and gives you that coveted hourglass figure. Pair it with pearls, heels and a pretty wrap, and it's dressy enough for an evening wedding.

I like how the gray dress has a long vertical stripe down the front, which gives an elongated look. It strikes me as something a little more casual that you'd pair with opaque tights and mary janes.

You also might consider trying to finding something in matte jersey, which I have found to be super comfortable and flattering (and wrinkle resistant if you need to travel with your dress).

Just my two cents worth!

Anonymous said...

Go for the black: more cleavage.

Anonymous said...

I'm adding my two cents and I vote for the black dress with the swingy pleats. Tres chic!

I agree it accents your waist (I have waist envy) and punch the dress up with fabulous shoes or some unique jewelry and you'll knock 'em dead. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

like em both, you look cute