Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dressings as opposed to dresses

So after mixed reviews on the dresses (some so terrible I won't repeat them here), MZ and I went out dress shopping. I found two more contenders. I am not posting them online though, and not just because my sister is liable to call an intervention. It turns out we're not going to the wedding, we're going to AK to try and help out with my mom's recovery. I mean we're not trained medical professionals, but we are able to fetch things and to cook meals to be frozen and to stay "on call" while my dad and sister sleep or go to work.

Alaska Air was incredibly accommodating and the woman I spoke to was helpful and conscientious. Northwest Airlines on the other hand has been nothing but horrible to deal with. When I called for help I was told that they could walk me through it online but they couldn't help me over the phone unless I paid $40. So I could keep the guy on the phone forever as long as he was helping me online, but he couldn't quickly look up the information and just do it. . . Makes total sense. Also, annoyingly, with the tickets we bought instead of being able to just get a "refund" where they give us the credit to use within a year, it's either figure out some other flight you want to take and the credit will be applied (less the $200 change fee) or you just lose it all. Mind you I believe that NWA is now one of those horrible airlines that charges for your first piece of checked luggage as well (which makes me go cross eyed and my blood boil when I think about it -- you know because we're not allowed to have liquids through security and the cabins in planes were already crowded enough before all this and this is just INSANE), so what did I expect really?

I don't really know that there's much point to this post. But I was Internet starved for the last five days and I finally caught up enough on work to take a small break so there you have it. I've posted.

2 comments:

Elastagirl said...

Hey....is your mom ok? What is going on with her? Airlines are beyond frustrating these days. Hope all is ok.

zenith said...

Coming late to this but...all my best wishes to you and your family. I hope she has a speedy recovery. I know you'll be a blessing to your dad and sis right now. xoxo.