Sunday, April 25, 2010

Galling

On FRIENDS, there's an episode where Chandler has his "nubbin" removed and it appears to remove his funny as well. I've commented before on how my blog is not as funny or interesting as it was originally, but today it's worse than ever. I have tried to write a whole blog post on the fact that I've been MIA for the last week due to a saga culminating in the removal of my gallbladder. I swear there are some puns and some jokes in there somewhere but I can't come up with them. I wish it was because the drugs were so good, but they're not. They didn't give me many and the only supplemental pain med I can take is Tylenol. I believe Tylenol is Latin for PLACEBO THAT DOES NOTHING.

While I am really grateful that the surgery went well, I am sad because this was the weekend we'd set aside as our weekend to clean, plus we're missing a friend's choir concert and our pastor's last Sunday. He's preaching on Philippians 1-4 today a different sermon for each service, we were going to make a day of it going to each one. The silver lining was going to be listening to it live streaming, but this message greeted us this morning was: ATTENTION LIVE STREAMING Is UNAVAILABLE TODAY Due to a Lack of Internet Connectivity in the Meetinghouse.

Best laid plans and all that. . .

4 comments:

Chris said...

I hope get well soon! I have been thinking about you this week!

Bronze Mower said...

The services will be on the website eventually. Besides, you wouldn't have liked it - there were lots of men crying.

Glad you're not dead!

Anonymous said...

That stinks! Hope you're feeling better...


Google wants me to type the word fulgeosy into a little box to prove I am not a spam bot. I think fulgeosy should be a real word. I googled it and it returned zero documents. So sad...

Elastagirl said...

oh no! sorry to hear you had to have surgery! I'd love to come cheer you up with two little boys :)