Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Instant Streaming

So post three of stream of consciousness. . .

Little Couple is in Boston. Here are the things that are weird about this. 1. they're in the north end in the summer and it's not crowded to the brim with some festival. 2. they're in Mike's Pastries and they were not only not trampled to death, the camera crew had enough space to get shots of the glass cases filled with pastries. Also, not weird, but I thought I should mention I hate Union Oyster House (they went there too). I realize it's historical and that the founders of our country were patrons of the establishment, but I am convinced given the choices available now, they wouldn't be caught dead in the Union Oyster house (well actually, they aren't caught dead there and they actually are dead so I rest my case).

Speaking of the Faneuil Hall area, I went to Crate and Barrel today and that location is closing. It's been there for 30 years, it is the most convenient location in the world for me and has gotten a number of us in my office out of a lot of jams. I am sooo sad about this closing. The biggest shopper I know has left the country for two weeks and in her absence Crate and Barrel decides to close?!

And while we're on the topic of dishes and being abandoned, my boy is the one in our house that does our dishes. I hate doing dishes. There are a lot of reasons why I hate doing the dishes, but tonight as I was doing them, I was reminded of yet another reason. We have one of those handled sponges that is filled with soap. It's great except that the sponge doesn't stick very far out the front of the handle but it sticks out behind. Why would you design something like this? It means you cannot get the bottom part of narrow cups, vases etc clean. In looking for a picture to demonstrate the maddening design to you, I had to go through two pages before I could find one to show you what I was talking about. Apparently oxo's classic design (and pretty much any other one they've designed) does not have this issue, nor does libman to the same extent that ours does.


I have more randomness I could spurt (like a handled sponge), but I think this is probably good for tonight. Tomorrow will be my last night with ready access to Internet till Monday, so eat it up now!

1 comment:

Omicron Rainbleaux said...

I used to see the little folks frequently when I lived there. I also used to gift-shop at the Crate & Barrel. The other chain stores there can go to hell, but Crate & Barrel had cool stuff.