Saturday, October 10, 2009

It Only Takes a Spark to Get a Fire Going

I share a lot of my disappointments so I thought I would share a minor triumph today. When we got home last night our road was completely torn up and the water was out. By the time we went to bed, the water was back and the gas was out (not to mention loudly being worked on). They were still working on it this morning. They rang the bell at 8:30 for access to our basement (It's the first day I've been able to sleep in for weeks I was soooo sad. My boy directed them to the landlords and about an hour later our doorbell rang again. They came in to check our gas in our apartment, Our stove hasn't worked properly since we moved in. The two burners on the left don't have a pilot light that stays lit so I can never use them without my boy at home because matches get too close to the flame for me to be comfortable and my boy thinks buying fireplace matches is ridiculous (oh, and I am lazy). Today though, national grid totally cleaned the area where the gas comes in so now, our stove works perfectly. Sounds like I should make some soup and pay the national grid bill today :).

No comments: