Friday, September 11, 2009

200th Post

This is my 200th post (were you hoping for something more monumental? Perhaps you're reading the wrong blog. . .). I am reading a book about a guy who read the entire Encyclopaedia Brittanica I was going to avoid talking about it since I planned on giving it to my dad for Christmas. Last night though, in the emotion section, I came across an entry that may help my mopiness. It's called facial feedback hypothesis. Basically if I smile like a goon, I should start to feel better. I like how A. J. Jacobs put it though: "This is when your brain senses that your facial muscles are in a happy position, so the brain figures, Hey, I must be happy. (The brain can be remarkably stupid sometimes.)" Anyway, that's my plan for this weekend. That, and actually cleaning -- my boy's family comes in six days!!!

1 comment:

hartofak said...

Boy, it's a good thing you didmention it. I've already read it.