Friday, November 21, 2008

Product Placement




So I have decided I love the Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers (I've only tried the Ziti and Meat Sauce). I think that the packaging is inspired (and because they're $3.00 each I plan on re-using it with my own half cup of pasta and my own sauce to save money in between). It involves a little plastic tray where the pasta is held, with a fill line so you don't even measure the water. The top is covered in holes and fits on securely so it properly steams your pasta and acts as an extremely easy to use strainer to strain off any excess water when you're finished. On top of the pasta when you open it up is a little (sealed) container of sauce. It's in a microwave safe tray as well, but I found the pasta was warm enough to heat the sauce through without a second microwaving session.
I am really picky about over cooked pasta (though I am not an expert in pasta and sauce flavor so you'll have to try this yourself to see if the flavor is crap) and this managed to cook the pasta perfectly. I actually liked the sauce, there was discernible meat and it was strangely spicy.
If your scrambling for pre-packaged meals for lunch. I think this may be a winner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Celebrating a birthday, especially one so significant, is key to living a full life! I think you should have a party where everyone dresses up as you, like their favorite aspect of your personality or what you do, and everyone must talk like you and use "Sarahisms" all night. Then you'd really know it's about you! You could also do the deep fried thing along with this, as you seem to be pulled in that direction.