Monday, December 10, 2007

I'm getting old

That was my thought as I was sprawled in a neighbor's driveway this morning having a hard time getting up the nerve to stand back up and try skating the rest of the way to work. My friend Miriam has a notion that people in Canada dress in lederhosen and skate in the streets. I didn't see any lederhosen today, and while I could have used a stein of something to steel myself against the rotten weather, I simply had to continue on.



I have been considering writing a christmas letter (another sign I am getting old I think). My father has been talking about writing one for awhile now and I was thinking about how many friends I have lost touch with and how sad it is to see them fall by the wayside like that. Then I thought back to my post about multi-vitamins and how uneventful I find my daily life and how boring that would be on paper. I thought perhaps I should simply email everyone I miss talking to and tell them about my blog, it helps me keep in touch with lots of people, why not those friends who I have let slip? I looked back at some of my posts though, and really I tend to blog when I am annoyed (hence the last blog). So I thought perhaps that wasn't the most brilliant idea either.



Ah well, Perhaps I simply rely on the forward my dad sent a couple of years ago, to truly capture my sentiment (you don't get the full effect since the words don't zoom in and form a christmas tree, but whatever).

No comments: