Monday, February 14, 2011

It's been so long





Yes, I know that I always write that or some variation after a long hiatus. I have been asked yet again if I ever plan on posting. As always, the answer is don't give up on me, I'll get back to posting at some point! Clearly a lot has happened since 9/28/10 and I owe all of you loyal readers who haven't already written me off a lot of blog posts.

The thing is, I can't make up for the four months of not writing all at once so I'm starting slowly (I mean come on people I still owe half of you thank you notes from our wedding and shower still!!!).

I will try to write about how I think the Franklin Park Zoo is the best deal in town for events (and how maybe they should charge more -- gasp!-- since they're looking for suggestions).

I will also try to write about how our wedding was PERFECT. I know lots of brides say that, but mine really was. We struggled to come up with something to put on the survey as something we wish had gone differently. I finally answered that I was disappointed that the pink cotton candy I had requested TWICE in writing and was assured in writing we could get was instead blue cotton candy, but really when that's your biggest problem, you're really grasping.

I will even try to post some pictures here of the big day (you know, now that we have a computer up and running and can look at some pictures). Until then, you can definitely look at some teasers here and here if you haven't already seen those.

Anyway, all that to say I'll be back. I know I have stuff to write about, but I'm just not ready yet. In the meantime, I wanted to share this fun link with you: http://www.acme.com/heartmaker/ so you can go have some Valentine's fun (like the kind I had at the top of the page). My boy and I had our first date on 2/13 so we already celebrated v-day, but we hope you enjoy the link on this, the proper day to celebrate.

1 comment:

KristyWes said...

Haha, was thinking of you tonight because I went to Trailer Park Lounge which reminds me of you (because you went there once, right? NOT because I think you're trailer-parky) (i don't) and I thought, "SRH hasn't written on her blog in awhile!" Then I got home and you HAD, so...happy v-day to me. ;)