Monday, March 30, 2009

Double Sigh

We went to a train show yesterday, I went to ensure my boy didn't buy another train!! We have an entire closet full to the brim with no more space.

Unfortunately, I have fallen madly and deeply in love with a set. I accidentally found it on ebay last night when looking up for something else and I have thought of little else today. I emailed to ask my boy if he thought it was a good deal and he didn't respond. First thing I saw him tonight I asked him and he said it sounded like a good deal, but he wasn't sure. He checked his train program (we got it because I kid you not he has an insane amount of trains) and it says that the train is worth $149 in new condition not the $199 that the ebay seller is selling it for (not to mention the $40 they're charging for shipping). So that's that right? It's $100 more than it's worth and I'm supposedly working on saving money etc. But I am just so sad. Cause this train is amazing, it's got an elephant car with a little guy sweeping out the car and a car with a lion chasing a lion tamer around the top of the car and a car with a bobbing clown head sticking up out of the top and a caboose that's lit. Doesn't it sound lovely, just truly great? Also, the lion tamer car is going on ebay for $40 alone. Maybe I should go buy the set. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That does sound like a fantastic train. It would be better if it had rampaging gibbons, though. Everything is better with gibbons.