Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Noodle Kugel by any other name. . .

So I was slightly annoyed today when I saw mark bittman sanitizing the name of noodle kugel and trying to pass it off as his idea for solving our insatiable need for recession friendly food. I read the recipe and decided right away it was crap (oh you read that right, I didn't try the recipe, I just decided from lack of cream cheese, too few eggs and the addition of raisins it was crap). I will say that it should please the levees though, when they sing in their song kugel, "so don't try and tell me things they haven't changed. The way it's made these days it should have another name. Sorry mom [and Mark] but yours just ain't the same."Mark Bittman has solved the problem of giving noodle kugel that's not your grandma's noodle kugel a new name!

2 comments:

hartofak said...

I was right with you until the totally gratuitous slap at raisins.

Anonymous said...

If it is not proper kugel, I think it is appropriate to call it "pudding". To do otherwise would be an insult to kugel heritage. Granted, I've only ever tried your kugel, so I'm basing my judgements on that.