Friday, April 11, 2008

Learning to Ask for Help

A friend of mine recently realized she has a problem asking for help -- for those of you who know me, this isn't a situation where I am using "friend" and meaning myself. I love this friend but I don't think she realizes the extent of her problem. I had actually emailed and talked to her several times OFFERING her help. It wasn't even a matter of asking, it was a matter of simply accepting ;). She has a problem accepting help, not just asking for it! Anyway, she's got enough on her plate now, she doesn't need to worrry about that at this point (and if by some fluke that friend is reading -- relax, we've got a plan, we'll be initiating it at 5:00 tomorrow it's all good).

It reminded me, however, about how I hate asking for things myself (unless of course you're my poor parents or my boy in which case I don't really ask I basically demand). In theory, I am doing the walk for hunger again this year -- strangely I feel even more unprepared this year than I did last year when I vowed I was going to train in the spring next time :). So if you'd like to support me, and by extension all the hungry people in MA, you can go to my walk website: http://www.projectbread.org/goto/get_bitter How fun is that? They totally let you just pick any old name for your website. The templates leave a little to be desired, but you can go over and take a look yourself :).

Also, I promise to post pictures of giraffes and maybe even blog about my trip to CO at some point :). In the meantime, if you're bored, you can go look at the project bread website. . . .

1 comment:

hartofak said...

Yeah, that's right, you said you went to CO. You were back, and I didn't even know you'd been gone. I'm not sure you're keeping in touch.